The Chiang Mai airport is one of the busiest airports in Thailand and has many airlines. It is divided into the domestic terminal and the international terminal. Arrivals for both terminals are on the ground floor and departures take place from the upper floor.
Parking options near the airport
You can choose to park your vehicle in an open-air parking slot at the Chiang Mai International airport that would cost 20 Baht for an hour with a maximum of 250 Baht for up to 24 hours. However, there is a better option for valet parking offered by PD car parking near the airport in a much safe and secure place than paying for the Chiang Mai Airport car park fee (ค่า จอด รถ สนาม บิน เชียงใหม่, term in Thai).
PD car parking is quite close to the airport with closed doors and CCTV. They also provide a free pick-up and drop to the airport. After parking your vehicle, you can reach the airport in just a few minutes. The indoor parking starts from 150 Baht per day and the outdoor parking is available from 60 Baht per day.
They also provide car rental services and chauffeur-driven vans at affordable prices for traveling in Chiang Mai city. Check their website to call them and book the car parking slot or fill in the details so that they can call you back.
Moving to and from the airport
You can avail of public transport and taxis for moving from Chiang Mai airport to the city.
- By Red Car: Red Cars or Songthaews are inexpensive passenger vehicles that run as shared taxis. It would cost 30-40 Baht per person from the city to the airport. If you want to avail a red car from the airport then you will have to walk to the main street.
- Airport Taxi: These taxis can be found at Exit 1. You can either take an airport taxi for 150 Baht (Flat rate for any location) or a metered taxi with a variable fare.
- Tuk-Tuks: the three-wheeled tuk-tuks can be flagged from the main road. From downtown to the airport, expect to pay around 60 to 80 Baht.
- Airport shuttle bus: The counter is at Gate 9 exit.
- You can take public buses.
- There are some rental car counters at the airport.
Eateries in the airport
- Bill Bentley Pub: Infront of Departure Airside Gate 5.
- Khao Soi House: taste the authentic noodle dish at the Domestic Arrivals.
- Wawee Coffee
- Doi Chaang Coffee
- Black Canyon Coffee
- Other fast-food options.
Avail premium lounges for extra luxury at an extra price.
- Coral Executive Lounge: This area gives premium access to refreshments. It is open from 6 am to midnight at Domestic Airside, near Gate 8.
- Thai Royal Orchid Lounge: Welcomes free access to passengers of Thai Airways and Star Alliance premium. It is at Domestic Departures, near Gate 3.
- Bangkok Airways Blue Ribbon Lounge: Welcomes Priority Pass members and Business and First-Class fliers with Bangkok Airways.
Chiang Mai Airport tips
The VAT will be refunded at Chiang Mai airport which was charged on the items you purchased in Thailand. The VAT refund counter is at the International Departures Airside. There are 24 hours medical center on the second floor of the Domestic Terminal.
You may also like
Exploring the Best Things To Do in Ninh Binh: Bai Dinh Pagoda and Beyond
Get Ready for Adventure: 10 of the Best African National Parks to Visit
Globel Services Do Offer All The Resources For Renting Villas
Top 8 Practical, Money-Saving Tips When Getting Lease-To-Own Cars
Why you should choose a touring park in North Wales